Call for Directors (2024-2026)
The St. John's Board of Trade is led by an enthusiastic Board of Directors who represent the interests of local business. Our Board of Directors are community leaders who understand the needs and represent the voice of our members. This dedicated and passionate group of volunteers generally meet once a month and act as the governing body of the Board of Trade.
The primary duties and responsibilities for Directors, as outlined in our By-Laws, are:
- Understand and demonstrate a commitment to the Board of Trade’s mission and programs;
- Keep up to date with issues and trends that affect the St. John's Board of Trade and its members;
- Prepare for meetings by reading agendas, minutes, reports, and other documentation required to actively participate;
- Contribute skills and knowledge by participating in meetings and committee work;
- Make inquiries when clarification or more information is needed;
- Understand and monitor the Board of Trade’s financial reporting;
- Avoid and declare any potential conflicts of interest;
- Understand and maintain confidentiality;
- Ensure the Board of Trade is complying with all legal and regulatory requirements; and
- Attend meetings regularly, with a minimum requirement of 75% attendance in a 12-month period to remain as a Director.
What you bring to the Board of Directors:
Overall, you are a business professional that wants to see our business community thrive.
The Director position is a two-year term commitment, with the option to extend into a third year. The Board is specifically seeking Directors who have experience and industry knowledge in the following areas. However, all those who have interest and passion for the role are welcome to apply.
- Policy Development and Analysis
- Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
- Financial Management and Analysis / CPA
Governance experience is considered a strong asset.
The St. John's Board of Trade is committed to a robust and balanced Board that is reflective and representative of the diversity of our Membership. As such, we encourage and support applicants with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives.
How to Apply:
Applications will only be accepted via this form on our website. The deadline to apply is 5:00pm on December 15, 2023.
Please email Byron Chubbs, Chair of the Governance Committee, should you have any questions or issues with the form: email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact all applicants regarding their application status in due course. To find out more about the St. John's Board of Trade, please visit our website and check out our By-Laws.